|The Schwinn cardio line is the latest in the company’s long history of innovation and which continues to develop products for healthy, active lifestyles.|
The new Schwinn cardio line consists of a family of upright and recumbent bikes and elliptical. The Schwinn A10 Upright Bike is the brand that brought the iconic Schwinn bicycling technology to home fitness solutions. The Schwinn fitness bike offers an outdoor bike feel in a compact design. This upright stationary bike lets you use core, stabilizing muscles to balance your body weight in a familiar cycling position. The computer-controlled, eddy current resistance system combines years of expertise to create a bike that runs both smoothly and quietly.
This Schwinn exercise bike runs smoothly and quietly, with eight resistance levels to keep you on your toes. The battery-powered bike also supports several different workout programs so you can customize your workout and keep up with your fitness regimen. The ergonomic pedals along with the adjustable seat and handlebars of the Schwinn A10 make for an efficient and comfortable ride on a solid workout platform. It provides a perimeter weighted flywheel and 8 levels of eddy current brake resistance system that provides a smooth and realistic cycling experience. Although it’s classified as an upright bike, it positions the rider more like road bikes do.
Ergonomic pedal design for efficient and comfortable pedaling
Unique and easy-to-read console with integrated fan and control buttons
Adjustable seat and handlebars for the optimal fit
Perimeter weighted flywheel for a true road feel and smooth, consistent workouts
Fast and reliable electromagnetic resistance system
Oversized stabilizers and levelers for a solid workout platform
- Dimensions: 27.5″ L x 16.5″ W x 47.5″ H (67 x 42 x 121 cm)
- Machine Weight: 54.7 lbs (24.8 kg)
- Maximum User Weight: 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Power Requirements: Battery operated, optional AC adapter
- Display Type: Multi-function LCD
- Display Readout: Time, RPM, Distance, Pulse, Speed, Calories, Resistance Level, Course Profile
- First things first, this Schwinn exercise bike is easy to assemble with only a few components which takes not more than 20 minutes or so.
- For an entry-level bike, the console on the Schwinn A10 is a major plus. The large 5” X 3” LCD window allows you to monitor up to 8 different display feedbacks. It also has 6 programs plus Quickstart guide to keep you motivated with a variety of challenges. You can adjust the resistance throughout your exercise, providing you with an intense workout environment every time.
- The seat is highly adjustable to fit almost any person of average shape and size. It rises up and down to fit most users. The padded and contoured seat makes for a comfortable yet consistent ride.
- The Schwinn A10 uses magnetic resistance for smooth and quiet operation. The high-speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel is light, yet precisely engineered to feel a bit like a road bike’s mechanics. The weighted flywheel helps to keep the pedaling motion smooth all through the levels of resistance.
- Transport wheels allow for easy movement from room to room plus two levelers for a solid workout platform.
- The strategically placed grip heart rate monitor keeps you comfortable while you work out, and the angled handlebars let you find a comfortable hand position. This provides a little motivation to keep you on the bike longer and to keep you coming back for the next workout.
- It features 8 levels of resistance that can be controlled through the console. You can manually control it by pushing the up/down buttons on the console to set it at the level you want. Also, when using one of the programs the resistance is changed automatically as you move through the workout.
- This is a very compact bike which doesn’t require a considerable amount of space when not in use. It will fit easily in a corner or against a wall and you might as well fit it in a closet. It certainly won’t take over a room even if you leave it out and it will be there calling to you to use it.
- The A10 weighs 54.9 lbs which isn’t too bad for an exercise bike but you don’t have to carry it when you want to move it. The bike has 2 small wheels at the front of the bike that you can tip the bike on to when you want to move it.
- There is a self on the console that you can place your media devices (iPads, tablets, MP3 players, Kindle, etc) on so you can watch or listen to them as you exercise. Plus there’s a water bottle holder on the front support which can easily hold small bottles.
- The saddle is padded and contoured but most people find it very uncomfortable. Extra padding is somewhat recommended. Also, look for a gel seat cover.
- AC power adapter is not provided.
- Heart rate monitor can be slightly inaccurate compared to readings from personal fitness trackers and heart rate chest belts.
- The fan is weak and virtually useless.
- The heart rate sensors are located in an uncomfortable position which puts you in a weird position while trying to cycle.
For an entry-level bike which is quite reasonably priced, the Schwinn exercise bike seems like a good investment. You get a better console, speakers, and media which are hard to find on other exercise bikes available around the same price range. It has a console with pre-programmed workouts to motivate you to get back on the bike. There are some comfort issues though, but the convenient extras undermine the lows. Overall, if you need something that’s a step above the basic entry level bikes but don’t want to pay a hefty sum for countless workout programs, the Schwinn A10 could a great choice for you.