The days when foam rolling technique and foam rollers were exclusive available to physical therapists and pro athletes only are long gone. Thanks to the commercially-developing industry foam rollers are available to practically anyone.
But with the availability also comes indecision which foam roller to get. That’s why I’ve taken the liberty to put together the 9 best foam rollers on the market.
Table of Contents
- Foam Rollers on the Market Compared
- Why Should I Use Foam Roller?
- 8 Best Foam Rollers
Foam Rollers on the Market Compared
Roller Dimensions (inches)
Color/ Design Options
13 x 5.5
13 x 6 x 6
3 Speed vibrating foam roller
9.5 x 4.5
peanut-shaped foam roller
36 x 6 x 6
High-density foam roller
36 x 6
13 x 5.3 x 5.3
5 levels of vibration
12.75 x 5.25
3D grid design
13 x 5.25
95 points of contact
Why Should I Use Foam Roller?
Foam rolling is a muscle-tightness relieving self-help technique that is usually performed after a workout. Physical therapists also often use it after a sport injury and overall it decreases muscle and joint pain. It has also been proven to increase flexibility, circulation and improve balance. In all cases, it never hurts to have one ready at your disposal.
There are also several great videos on how to use foam roller properly, I’ve attached one of them here as well.
And with that, let us see which ones are worth the money.
8 Best Foam Rollers
Let’s proceed directly to our list of the 8 best foam rollers currently available on the market.
1. TriggerPoint GRID Original Foam Roller
- Patented foam roller design offers a...
- Constructed from quality materials that won't...
- Includes access to free online instructional...
- Trusted foam roller of physical and massage...
The very first on our list is made by Trigger Point Performance.
TriggerPoint features a patented design, which features a multi-density exterior, which is constructed over a hollow core. Thanks to the multi-density EVA foam exterior, the durability is superb and will maintain its shape after repeat use. The GRID Original, X and 2.0 versions support up to 500 lbs (226.7 kg) of weight and GRID Mini supports up to 250 lbs (113.4 kg).
The dimensions of the TriggerPoint Original are 13 x 5.5 x 5.5 inches (33 x 14 x 14 cm) and the weight is 7 ounces (0.2 kg).
2. Phenom 3 Speed Vibrating Foam Roller
- ATTACK POST WORKOUT SORENESS: Tired of...
- BEST IN CLASS ERGONOMICS: Carefully designed...
- SIMPLE TO USE: Designed specifically to help...
- INTEGRAL PART OF ATHLETIC SUCCESS: Used by...
The 2nd fella on our list is a vibrating foam roller made by Monument.
Phenom 3 Speed vibrating foam roller is a perfect tool to combat soreness. The unique gel-modeled knobs provide very deep, but not hurtful, muscle soreness penetration, which is the one of the best relieving techniques.
The design is ergonomic and carefully made considering body anatomy and biomechanics. The included lithium ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 3 hours. The roller itself has 3 vibrating frequencies for the best convenience. It’s easily portable and the manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty.
The dimensions of the roller are 13 x 6 x 6 inches (33 x 15.2 x 15.2 cm) and the weight is 3 pounds (1.36 kg).
3. 9HORN Peanut Massage Ball Foam Roller
- lightweight and easy-to-use peanut-shaped...
- increase your muscle flexibility, speed up...
- ultra high-density foam material (EPP) makes...
- get rid of muscle stiffness and muscle pain...
Our list continues with a foam roller manufactured by 9HORN. Foam roller by 9HORN is a bit different by design. It resembles a peanut, which basically are two balls connected through one side. It is mainly designed for deep tissue massage and speeding up muscle recovery.
It’s made from ultra-high density foam material (EPP), which makes it firm and hard. Considering the density, a nice surprise is that it’s really lightweight. The size of the 9HORN peanut massage ball is 9.5-inch x 4.5-inch (24.1 x 11.4) and thus can be also stored in a gym bag.
4. AmazonBasics High-Density Round Foam Roller
- High-density foam roller with molded edges
- Ideal for balance, strengthening,...
- Made in the USA from molded polypropylene to...
- Lightweight, easy to clean and transport
Next on our list of the best foam rollers is one made by AmazonBasics.
This particular fella is round, without patented design. It is an extra firm, high density product with molded edges. It’s made of high density expanded polypropylene (EPP), which main function is deeper massage capabilities. It also maintains its shape even after heavy use and thanks to the used material; the roller is quite easy to clean.
The dimensions of the AmazonBasics high-density round roller are 5.8 x 5.8 x 35.8 inches (14.7 x 14.7 x 90.9 cm) and the weight is 14.4 ounces (0.4 kg).
5. CanDo Heavy Duty EVA Foam Roller
- The perfect myofascial release tool for...
- Premium high-density EVA foam provides...
- Relieve pain in your back, legs, neck,...
- Long-lasting durability and easy clean up...
The 5th guy on our list of the best foam rollers is made by CanDo. Somewhat different half-round design than other foam rollers, this fella is made of premium high-density EVA foam, which provides durable and firm support.
Especially designed as a pain-relieving product, it’s great for back, legs, shoulders and neck by triggering proper blood circulation in sore muscles. This particular foam roller is made to last and since it’s made of EVA foam, the cleaning is quite easy.
There are two available dimensions 6” x 12” (15.2 x 30.5 cm) and 6” x 36” (15.2 x 91.4 cm).
6. Fitness Junction Vibrating Foam Roller
- RELIABLE WARM-UP AND POST WORKOUT RECOVERY:...
- UNIQUE PATTERN FOR DEEP MUSCLE STIMULATION:...
- 5 VIBRATION LEVELS AND 1 FREQUENCY...
- LONG-LASTING LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: Our roller...
The 6th best foam roller which made it to our list is made by Fitness Junction.
This is a bit different foam roller, mainly because of the fact that it can be electrically charged and then vibrate (similarly to Phenom 3), on four different levels. It operates on 1 Lithium ion battery, which is not included, but at least the charger for it is included.
It is especially designed for self-myofascial release with particular lien design. Fitness Junction took it to the next level and received FCC approval certificate for this particular product.
The weight of the product is 3.3 pounds (1.5 kg) and the dimensions are 13 x 5.3 x 5.3 inches (33 x 13.5 x 13.5 cm).
7. 321 STRONG Foam Roller
- 12. 75 inches x 5. 25 inch diameter , ...
- Medium density muscle roller is comfortable...
- One of the best recovery tools to treat...
- Stretch overworked and strained muscles of...
Another foam roller which made it to our list is made by 321 STRONG.
This roller also has 3D grid design, which is actually designed to mimic human fingers and palms. It is a lightweight rugged foam roller with solid core EVA foam. This is not heavy, but rather medium density product mainly designed for beginners.
Despite being medium-dense, it supports up to 500 lbs (226.7 kg) of weight. You can use specific grid according to your preferences, from the most intense thumb zone, to medium finger zone to the palm zone.
The dimensions are 5.4 x 5.3 x 12.7 inches (13.7 x 13.5 x 32.3 cm) and the weight is 1 pound (0.45 kg).
8. PowerPro 2-in-1 Foam Rollers
- 2 Foam rollers for the price of 1 featuring a...
- Our triple zoned outer foam massage rollers...
- Foam rolling beginners; experience a...
- Our lightweight, 13" exercise roller will...
The last, but not least product on our list is a set two-in-one foam rollers by PowerPro.
First of the two has a high-density 3D grid design with 95 points of contact. It is a triple-contoured outer design. The inner roller, on the other hand is smooth with simple yet quality design mainly designed for soft tissue massage.
The inner roller can be actually stored inside the outer roller, which is very effective and space saving. The manufacturer includes a free carry case and 1-year warranty and they come in 4 different colors.
Two length choices are available 13 inches (33 cm) and 24 inches (60.1 cm). The width of the outer one is 5.5 inches (14 cm). The inner roller’s width is 4 inches (10 cm).
That’s it. There goes our list of the best foam rollers on the market. We’ve included different designs, materials and dimensions, so you can easily find your winner. Don’t forget to check pros and cons to rule out possible issues that might be present. I hope the guide was somewhat helpful. Peace out.
- Power Tower Workout Routines: Full Body Workouts At Home - September 7, 2021
- Close Grip Lat Pulldown Vs. Wide Grip (Lat Grips Explained) - August 25, 2021
- How Much Lat Pulldown Weight Should I Use? (2021 Guide) - August 24, 2021