Let’s be honest. Being a vegan means a lot of things in today’s world. Many people are joking around that being a vegan is a new commercial trend. Others state it’s a useless diet and has no practical value to life, while some people are huge fans because they believe not consuming animal products helps the world.
But vegans know that it’s not just a diet. It’s a lifestyle. Thankfully, in the 21st century, there are a lot of products available for vegans.
Table of Contents
- Vegan Protein Powders on the Market Compared
- Nuts Might Not Be Enough
- 7 Best Vegan Protein Powders
Vegan Protein Powders on the Market Compared
Nuts Might Not Be Enough
However, one of the biggest issues vegans experience is the lack of protein. Since they do not consume animal products, which include meat, eggs, dairy, etc, finding a quality protein source can pose a challenge. This is not a problem for non-vegan people, who can consume whey and casein protein powders. But what about vegans?
Most of the protein intake for vegans comes from plants like seeds, grains, nuts, etc, which is usually enough for a standard person. However, what if you are a bodybuilder? Or you perform other active sport? Will the plant protein intake be enough? For some, it might. For others, hardly.
Thankfully, most companies that manufacture food supplements thought of that and came up with vegan protein powders. These supplements will ensure you have just the right protein intake for your own personal lifestyle.
But how can you know which protein powder is the best for you? Which one is the best tasting? Well, lucky for you, I’ve spent several hours scouring the internet for the 7 best quality and best tasting vegan protein powders on the market.
7 Best Vegan Protein Powders
After several hours of scouring the internet, I came up with these proteins. I will also try to outline all the features and pros and cons according to public reviewers.
Note: The proteins are in no particular order.
1. Vega Sport Premium Protein
- 30 Grams of plant based protein powder with 5...
- Support recovery post workout with...
- Made for athletes - NSF Certified for Sport,...
- Keto-friendly protein powder for women and...
The very first on our list of the best vegan protein powders is the one manufactured by Vega Sport.
This plant-based protein has been on the market for quite some time now and offers 30 grams of protein and 5 grams of BCAASs and 5 grams of Glutamic Acid per scoop. The source of the protein is the premium blend of pea, organic sunflower seed, organic pumpkin seed and alfalfa.
The protein is gluten-free and is certified as a non-GMO product. It’s mainly designed for post-workout. According to several tens of reviewers, this is one of the best tasting vegan protein powders on the market.
2. Vega Protein & Energy
- Protein plus energy helps you stay focused...
- 20 Grams of plant based protein from pea...
- Helps you stay focused and alert with 100mg...
- Keto-friendly protein powder has 0 added...
2nd on our list is the vegan protein powder by Vega.
This particular protein powder contains 20g of protein, 3 grams of MCT oil and 100mg of caffeine per serving. It is a multi-source blend of pea protein and golden chlorella. The main difference between this and other vegan protein powders is the caffeine part. This is also one of the best vegan protein powders for weight loss.
The product is gluten free, non-GMO, and low-glycemic and does not contain soy or dairy ingredients.
3. Vegansmart Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder
- Plant Based Protein Powder: 20g Non-GMO...
- Meal Replacement Shake: Delicious, All In One...
- Whole Food Complex: Nine Different Fruits and...
- 23 Vitamins and Minerals: Everyday Nutrition,...
The 3rd on our list is the vegan protein powder by Vegansmart.
This plant-based protein powder is a mix blend of nine different vegetables and fruits, polyphenols, flavonoids and antioxidants. It contains 20 grams of protein, 22 minerals and vitamins and 6 grams of dietary fiber per serving.
The powder is gluten free, non-GMO, vegan certified and without dairy, soy and cholesterol and does not contain artificial sweeteners. It’s a great vegan protein powders for weight loss as well.
4. Organic Vegan Protein Powder
- THE HEALTHY WAY TO BUILD LEAN MUSCLE: A...
- 24 GRAMS OF ORGANIC PROTEIN: More protein per...
- LOW CALORIE & 3 NET CARBS: Shed fat and...
- NO BLOATING & EASY TO DIGEST: Every batch is...
The 4th on our list is the protein powder made by Organic Muscle. This particular protein powder contains 24 grams of protein per serving, along with 9 types of essential amino acids and is high in fiber.
It’s made of the following organic ingredients: pea, rice, hemp and sacha inchi protein, chia seed, quinoa sprout, Jerusalem artichoke, Amaranth sprout and Flaxseed sprout. This fella is also considered to be one of the best tasting vegan protein powders on the market.
It is dairy, hormone, gluten and preservative free and non-GMO.
5. Optimum Nutrition Organic Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder
- Vitamin C Provides Immune Support
- Complete Amino Acid Profile to support muscle...
- 24 grams of complete, organic, plant based...
- USDA Organic & Non GMO, No artificial...
Our list of the best vegan protein powders goes on with the fella manufactured by Optimum Nutrition.
It offers 24 grams of protein per serving and is made of organic blend source of pea, rice, sacha, amaranth, quinoa and inchi proteins. It is also USDA organic, non-GMO with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. As with all the proteins on this list, it’s gluten free.
6. Garden of Life Greens and Protein Powder
- HIGH PROTEIN: 20 grams of raw plant protein...
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Help your muscles...
- GREEN SUPERFOOD DRINK: This delicious Vanilla...
- PROTEIN POWDER WITH PROBIOTICS: Tasty, smooth...
The 6th on our list of the best vegan protein powders on the market is made by Garden of Life.
This raw organic plant protein contains 20g of protein per serving, along with essential amino acids and probiotics. The protein is primarily made of organic peas, sprouted organic grains, seeds and legumes.
It’s non-GMO, gluten free, dairy & soy free, and is Informed Choice Certified (trusted by Sports).
7. PlantFusion Complete Organic Plant Based Protein
- NO CHEAP FILLERS – Certified Non-GMO,...
- COMPLETE FORMULA – Nutrient-dense formula...
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored...
- EASY TO DIGEST – Fortified enzymes from...
The last, but not least vegan protein powder on our list is made by PlantFusion.
The product offers 20 grams of plant-based protein per serving, in just 120 calories. It’s primarily made of peas, artichokes and algae. Thanks to the fortified enzymes from fermented foods it’s very easy to digest.
Does not contains artificial flavors and it’s dairy, soy and gluten free. It’s also non-GMO and free of whey and artificial colors. This is also one of the best tasting vegan protein powders on the market.
That completes our list of the best vegan protein powders on the market. Now it is up to you, if you prefer unflavored ones, or extra minerals or probiotics. Whether you are looking for the best vegan protein powders for weight loss or just a best tasting one.
I’d suggest to read carefully all the ingredients from the manufacturer to avoid unnecessary returns. Hopefully, my guide helped you to save some time.