|Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings is one of the most popular home gym equipment on the market today.|
In the world of home gym equipment, you can get equipment that’s as specialized or as generalized as you’d like. Additionally, you can spend as much or as little money as you would like. The market is incredibly expansive, and there’s a pretty solid chance you’ll be able to find whatever it is you’re looking for. Let’s see if Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings is worth it.
For a long time, I thought it was the only way to get the workout I wanted. Let’s face it: home gym equipment tends to be flimsy and nowhere near as versatile as the equipment you find when you pay for a membership. But those fees add up!
Let’s say that money isn’t an object for you. Let’s also say that you want to get a piece of home gym equipment that will allow you to do virtually any type of exercise that you could ever want to do. There are many pieces of equipment out there that fit this description, but not all of them are worth the cash. One such machine that’s well worth your hard-earned money is the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings.
I wanted to find out if investing in a home system might actually be able to replace my gym membership. In this Marcy Diamond Elite Smith System with Linear Bearings review, I’ll share my thoughts about it – and let you know my final verdict.
The off-the-floor frame for the base of the machine provides for excellent stability during even your most intense workouts.
For maximum ease of mind when working out on your own, the adjustable bar catches and included safety drops act as great safety nets.
The foot brace on that’s used for seated row exercises is diamond-plated, meaning it’s not only incredibly durable, but will also prevent your feet from slipping during these workouts.
The addition of the dual-action leg developer, 6 roller pads, and row/curl bar mean that you have a great selection of workouts at your disposal.
It’s Built Like a Club Machine
Which means that it’s designed to mimic the experience of going to a professional gym.
This system combines three different machines into one product. They are:
- A Smith machine with precision, linear bearings
- An Olympic free-weight rack
- A cable routed pulley system
While this is a serious workout machine, it’s also a great-looking product. It’s got a powder dusted finish, thick upholstery to protect your body, and a sleek design that will look great in your home gym. Some of the other features it includes are:
- A multi-function weight bunch that has a total leg developer and bicep preacher curl
- A cable-routed pectoral fly station for targeting your chest muscles
- Safety Olympic bar catches to protect you
- Adjustable Smith bar catches
- Heavy duty tubular steel construction
This machine has a 600-pound capacity. That means that it’s sturdy and safe to use no matter how big you are – or how much you’re lifting.
My Experience with the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage
Now I want to share my personal experience using the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings.
First, keep in mind that this is a very heavy machine. The shipping weight is over 300 pounds so depending on where you live – and on who your delivery driver is – they may not be able to deliver it to your door. It also takes up a lot of space. The dimensions are 95” high by 79” wide by 86” deep. The depth is due to the bench, but it is removable, so you can stow it when you’re not using it.
Assembling of this machine wasn’t easy. There are a lot of parts and they’re not numbered. I think it would probably be a bit intimidating for anybody who’s not comfortable with tools. I am – and I had a buddy to help me – and it still took us several hours. If you’re not handy, you may want to opt for professional assembly to save yourself the hassle of doing it.
But now for the good part – what was it like using this machine? I decided to try everything for this review – and there was a lot to try because this product comes with a bunch of attachments:
- Lat Bar
- Triceps Rope
- Ankle Strap
- Chrome Row Handle
Time To Exercise
I started out with some leg work on the bench. The action was quite smooth – maybe not quite as good as the machines at my gym, but way better than any home machine I’ve tried. The bench was comfortable but a little higher off the ground than I’d like. I think it might be awkward to use for women or men of below-average height.
Another note about the bench – I think someone very tall might not be able to get full extension when doing vertical shoulder presses while on the bench.
The Smith bar is pretty sturdy – again, maybe not as solid as a commercial machine, but the quality is clear. I didn’t have any problem using it and it seems like it would easily handle more weight than I’m lifting now.
The row handle is nice, but I couldn’t get full range of motion. I guess that’s to be expected – if you want that you should buy a rowing machine.
Overall, this machine gave me a great workout. The best thing about in my opinion is that it’s versatile. It’s probably the closest you can come to having a complete gym at home – and having it is saving me money on my gym membership every month.
- The Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage with Linear Bearings utilizes not only commercial grade bar and safety catches, but also diamond striker plates for the cage’s uprights. These two features mean that this particular machine is extremely durable, and should stay in tip top shape for a considerably long time.
- Along with the base machine, the Marcy Diamond Elite also comes with a plethora of included attachments as a nice bonus. These attachments include a triceps rope, ankle strap, shiver bar, lat bar, two single handles, and a chrome row handle. Basically, what I’m trying to say, is that there are no shortage of extras bundled with this machine.
- It’s a versatile machine that allows you to lift weights, work your legs, and do a host of other exercises without buying multiple machines.
- If you’re really focused on strengthening your muscles, you’ll be extremely pleased to know that the Marcy Diamond Elite uses free weights, rather than machine weights. Your muscles react 30% better to free weights, so I’m thrilled to see Marcy’s inclusion of this type of weight system with their Diamond Elite.
- Although it may seem like a steep price to pay for this bit of home workout equipment, that’s an incredibly competitive price when you consider everything that’s included with this package.
- Over 100 types of exercises can be performed on the Marcy Diamond Elite, meaning that you’ll more than likely never run out of something to do. Even if not all of the exercises are exactly your type, there’s no doubt at all that you’ll find something just for you with the exercises that are included here.
- However, as with any product, there are some cons worth talking about. One of those has to do with the amount of time you’ll need to construct this machine. According to a few reviews on Amazon, the Diamond Elite can take up to 7 hours to put together – which I can only confirm. That’s no small feat at all, and is especially disappointing if you want to get up and running as fast as possible. I would suggest to call some buddies to help you out with the construction.
- While it does come with a considerable amount of attachments, one noticeable absence is an Olympic weight set or weight bar. These can be purchased separately, but it would have been nice to have these included as well. Also, the legs don’t come with rubber protectors – if you’re putting it on a wooden or tile floor, you may want to buy some separately to protect your floors.
- This is a big system and not ideal for someone living in a small apartment. On the another hand, it can be a nice excuse if you are not a fan of visits.
- The instructions could be clearer, too.
My Final Recommendation
So, with all that said, what’s our final verdict on the Marcy Diamond Elite Smith Cage? If you’ve been shopping around for the ultimate addition to your home workout setup, this is one of the best options you have.
|Between it’s excellent durability, enormous amount of included exercises and attachments, and incredibly competitive price, the Marcy Diamond Elite is a near perfect piece of equipment for your home workout area.|
Check Out Our Top 3 Power Racks
|Rank||Power Rack on Amazon||Reviews|
|2||Fitness Reality 810XLT Power Rack||Our Review|
|3||Review Coming Soon|