|One of the newest models from Exerpeutic, the GOLD 500 XLS Magnetic Folding Upright Bike shares some similarities with its predecessor but does come with several improvements over the older version.|
To begin with, it’s designed to support up to a weight capacity of up to 400 lbs, plus its heavy duty design and high durability will provide excellent workout results. It has 20% more steel than its predecessor for increased durability. It’s very easy to get off and on the bike which makes for a more effective and comfortable workout session. The large comfortable cushioned seat is ideal for people of any size and is easily adjustable to fit 5 feet 1 inch to 6 feet 5 inch user heights.
Just like the previous model, the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with pulse FOO XLSdoes offer a compact folding design which makes it perfect for anyone who doesn’t have the luxury of a proper workout space. It’s one of the very few upright bikes that come with an affordable price, but without compromising the quality. One of the best things about the bike is the handlebar which offers multiple grips to support different workout postures. The bike comes equipped with an 8 level magnetic tension control system for easier or more challenging workout, and an easy-to-read LCD display that indicates calories burned, speed, distance, time, scan, odometer, and pulse.
Like most magnetic exercise bikes, the 500 XLS features an efficient belt drive system involving a heavy-duty V-belt, which is resistant to stretching and basically maintenance free. Last but not the least, the bike features a 3-piece high torque cranking system that provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. The larger pedal design with safety strap prevents any foot slippage while working out.
Heavy duty and high durability steel frame with up to 400 pounds weight capacity.
Large seat cushion for comfortable riding and easily adjustable to fit any size
8 level magnetic tensions with LCD display for an easier or more challenging workout
LCD indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, scan, pulse and odometer
Heart pulse sensors on the handlebars to monitor your heart rate
Precision balanced flywheel and V-belt drive for smooth and quiet operation
3 piece cranking system for a smooth and consistent pedaling motion
- Folded Dimensions: 26.4″ L x 24.8″ W x 57.5″ H
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
- Magnetic Tension Levels: 8
- LCD Computer: Standard
- Seat: Adjustable
- Handlebar: Non-adjustable
- Accessory Holder: Yes
- The bike features a folding design which stores easily when not it use, plus the frame is made out of heavy-duty and high-durability steel. The company says it has 20% more steel than their already popular and highly rated Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike. Thus it comes with a much larger weight capacity than its predecessor.
- Although it’s fairly lightweight, it does have good wide stabilizer bars at 26.4 inches wide which provide a solid bike and there is no wobbling from the bike as you exercise. There is absolutely no worry about it tipping you off so you can get on with your exercising at varying intensity.
- The Large comfortable seat cushion can be adjusted for people of any size, and easily accommodate anyone between 5 feet 1 inch and 6 feet 5 inch user heights. At the top end the bike seems big enough to get the required range of motion for comfortable and effective workouts. It roughly takes about a minute to make the adjustment to get the bike to the right height.
- The bike features an 8 level Magnetic Tension control system for easier or more challenging workouts. It also has an easy-to-read LCD display that indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, scan, pulse and odometer. The tension knob on the console has all the levels of resistance marked. You turn it clockwise to increase the resistance and counterclockwise to reduce it.
- The 3-piece ‘high torque’ cranking system provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. Larger pedal design with safety strap prevents any foot slippage when exercising. The oversized pedals are made from hard plastic with non-slip grip to keep your shoes in place.
- The precision balanced flywheel and V-belt drive provides a smooth and quiet operation and will not interfere with you when watching TV or listening to music. The drive, flywheel and brake mechanism are all enclosed. This stops little fingers or pets away from it to prevent injuries and it also prevents your ankles or clothes getting caught in them.
- It can be folded up for storage and is perfect for limited sized rooms and spaces. It’s quite easy to fold up – you remove the locking pin and then push the legs together and re-insert the locking pin and it’s all ready to move and store. There are wheels in the front stabilizer to help move the bike.
- The bike includes a holder on the handlebar post for a remote control or cell phone, which puts them in easy reach when you need to switch between channels or take a call in between your exercise session.
- Heart Pulse Sensors on the handlebars allow you to monitor your heart rate.
- Unlike the original Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with pulse which comes with a silver finish, the GOLD 500 XLS boasts a brown finish which makes it look a little old-school.
- Pulse tracking is not so accurate.
- The bike is not ideal for short riders.
- Resistance is not optimal enough for people who want more challenging workouts.
- Manual doesn’t include instructions on setting up the bike or how to use for beginners.
Despite the few negatives, the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with pulse is well made and provides good value for your hard-earned money. It’s definitely one of the sturdiest and most durable magnetic upright bikes that you can find at this price range. It doesn’t take much of your space when in use, plus with its folding design, it can be easily moved around and adjusted quickly for different sizes. It can also be used by people of all levels and fitness and it’s great for those looking for moderate levels of exercise. Overall, it’s a great bike for beginners and those wanting to stay in shape.