|Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is one of the most popular home gym equipment on the market today.|
One of the most popular types of home gym machines are ones that allow for an incredible, total-body workout. Machines that focus on one specific part of your body are certainly more affordable. But these complete machines offer a great deal more in regards to features, function, etc. The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym falls right into this category, and has a great deal to offer. Whether you want to work on your upper arms, legs, or back, pretty much anything is possible with this particular machine. With that all said, how does it actually hold up? Let’s take a closer, in-depth look to find out!
Over 30 different types of strength-focused exercises are possible
There’s an included horizontal bench press and additional lat pull down
An included rowing machine provides for a very solid, total-body workout routine
Requires a workout area of at least 100 x 78-inches
- One of the biggest areas of concern for any home gym equipment is the quality of the machine in question. No matter how much weight you’re able to lift, it won’t be enjoyable if the machine you’re using was poorly built. Thankfully, that isn’t an area of concern at all for the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym. Along with the incredibly sturdy metal construction, the synthetic material used here is also rated to hold up considerably well even under the most intense workout sessions.
- If for some reason durability is still an area of concern for you, it has included a pretty generous manufacturer’s warranty. The frame of the machine is covered for an entire year. The rods used are under warranty for five years, and the other parts used in the PR1000 will be covered for the first 60 days of your ownership.
- Any type of home gym equipment that promises a total-body workout should actually offer your entire body with a wide array of available workouts, and the Bowflex machine here certainly delivers on this front. There are 30 total exercise in question, but what parts of your body are actually getting that workout? Available with the PR1000 are 5 arm exercises, 4 chest exercises, 2 ab exercises, 3 back exercises, 4 shoulder exercises, and 6 leg exercises. And, let’s not forget about the included rowing machine that allows for some great cardio.
- One area of concern with the Bowflex PR1000 could be a bit of deal-breaker if you’re someone who’s looking to work with an enormous amount of weight. The weights used on the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym can be maxed out. Meaning that you aren’t able to upgrade them to add additional weight. There are 210 pounds in weights that are included with the PR1000. While that should be enough for most people, it will definitely be a turn off for those that are looking to go beyond that limit.
- Seeing as to how the PR1000 is being marketed as an entry-level piece of equipment for home workouts, you would expect that Bowflex includes detailed instructions for how to complete the available exercises. Unfortunately, assuming this would lead you to a bit of disappointment. Bowflex includes drawings and a card that shows the initial and final position your body. That should be at for the exercises, but it doesn’t go into any further detail than that. If you have experience with working out, this more than likely won’t cause for any issues. However, if you are a beginner to the world of working out, we can definitely see how this could cause for a bit of confusion when trying to actually use the machine.
- When perusing through reviews on Amazon, we also noticed that a number of owners reported that the rods included felt a bit lighter than their labeled weight suggests. This can also be related to our first con, as this clearly isn’t a machine for those who are already incredibly buff.
So, where does that leave us? What you’re getting is a really well-made piece of equipment. If you’re just now embarking on your workout journey and are looking for a durable machine that will allow you to do a large number of workouts, the PR1000 is an excellent choice.
Check Out Our Top 3 Power Racks
|Rank||Power Rack on Amazon||Reviews|
|2||Review Coming Soon|
|3||Review Coming Soon|